Friday, September 15, 2006

Squashing time

I started to go to Carmicheal gym at NC State to play squash a couple of months ago. I last played the sport in early 2003. It was fun just to get back the first few days and play. The way things went I thought I was right back where it started.

In the following weeks, I have had several ups and downs with one main cause of frustration. I had poor control over my shots - a shot intended to come back along the wall would often go to the T on the court. Yesterday, on a whim (or it was my subconciousness working), I googled for squash federation and came across a site with e-lessons on playing squash (http://www.squashclub.org/main/e-lessons/).

I played 3 games last night and used the tips mentioned for E, and D level players. I found that I was surprised at how easy it was to take a step forward in my game. I am going to try to spend about 15-20 mins everytime at the squash courts just working on my game by myself. I hope in the next few weeks I can compete atleast with Lair and Adnan.

I would also like to give a shout out to the NC State squash club (http://www.ncsu.edu/sorc/myOrgs/details.php?id=10) .

3 Comments:

At 3:15 PM GMT-5, Blogger GG said...

You'll get better with time... :-) and then you can teach me...and pray I don't break my wrist on Day 1.

 
At 3:16 PM GMT-5, Blogger GG said...

PS: Kindly do not suggest I go read the tutorials online - you know that ain't happenin' ;-)

 
At 4:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger medhoo said...

Gayu, You dont want to be taught by your husband..Husbands tend to get a little more impatient than they are with other "students"..
BTW ravee, is this a reminder to mo and me that its been a long time since we promised to get you a TV ;)
Anyway, welcome to blogging!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home